Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values at Motorola Solutions.
At Motorola Solutions, we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture rooted in our purpose, promise and values. People are the most important asset of a company and the promotion of diversity and inclusion is a key principle of our business. We actively seek globally diverse individuals, opinions, cultures and abilities to expand our talent pool, drive innovation and heighten customer intimacy.
We also believe that no one should be discriminated against because of who they are, and we discourage all forms of discrimination: including in relation to age, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, race, religious background and sexual orientation.
Management and business leaders play an important role in setting the tone for increased diversity and inclusiveness at Motorola Solutions. We have in place various councils that focus on issues associated with diversity and inclusion across many regions of the company, all with the support from executive levels.
“As a global company, we not only embrace and value diverse individuals, opinions, cultures and abilities, but we also actively seek them. It is the unique perspectives and experiences of our employees that enable Motorola Solutions to pioneer so many innovative products and technologies.” Greg Brown, CEO
Within Australia and New Zealand, the ANZ Diversity and Inclusion Council values and promotes the advancement of diversity and inclusion in all forms. The work of the council is endorsed and supported by senior management, with the council drawing its members from various sections of the business.
Over several years, the council has given Motorola Solutions staff the opportunity to meet and listen to inspirational and interesting speakers from a wide range of backgrounds.
Past speakers have included:
- John Rosewarne, board member of White Ribbon
- Jeff Parker, stay-at-home dad and ex-senior executive
- Andre Obradovic, CEO, coach, triathlete and Beyond Blue ambassador
- Mia Klitsas, founder of Moxie
- Tania Crosbie, director of The Crosbie Collective & Byron Bay Business Retreats
- Samantha Hunter, CEO of Crime Stoppers Victoria
- Margaret Kimber, program director, Qld Government Wireless Network (GWN)
The council has adopted the following aims in support of encouraging diversity and inclusion at Motorola Solutions Australia and New Zealand:
- To champion diversity and inclusion and drive internal changes and awareness within Motorola Solutions to foster gender equality and diversity of the workforce.
- To ensure Motorola Solutions is, and remains, an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality as monitored by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- To promote in Motorola Solutions the recruitment, retention and promotion of females and people from diverse backgrounds by encouraging the implementation of best practice in each of these areas, including by ensuring relevant data collection is sufficient to enable informed decision-making.
- To encourage the development of a supportive workplace culture which allows employees to balance their work and personal life and maintain good mental health.
- To foster and leverage relationships with outside bodies that can assist Motorola Solutions to affect meaningful changes in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
In addition, we actively promote within our business an understanding of, and compliance with, the relevant laws and regulations and we expect all employees to uphold the principles of diversity, inclusion and equality.
Motorola Solutions also provides its people with the time and resources that are necessary for them to pursue diversity and inclusion initiatives.